[AT] wages

H. L. Staples hlstaples at mcloudteleco.com
Fri Mar 5 17:58:49 PST 2004

A man owned a small farm in West Texas. The Wage and Hour Department of
Texas claimed he was not paying proper wages to his help and sent an agent
to interview him.

"I need a list of your employees and how much you pay them", demanded the
agent.

"Well, there's my hired hand who's been with me for 3 years. I pay him $600
a week plus free room and board.

The cook has been here for 18 months and I pay her $500 a month plus free
room and board.

Then there's the half-wit that works about 18 hours a day. I pay him $10 a
week and buy him chewing tobacco", replied the farmer.

"That's the guy I want to talk to; the half-wit", says the agent.

The farmer says, "That would be me".