[AT] OT - thanks / Ramble

CEE VILL cvee60 at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 4 16:10:43 PST 2004

Some will remember my quiry to the Atis list back in early December Re:
digital cameras.  I had my focus on Kodak DX6490 with 10x optical zoom.
Numerous suggestions were made and a lot of good information was offered.
Very helpful.  Having a fixation on lots of optical zoom I shopped hard for
the 6490.  Local stores seem to pretty much fair trade Kodak, and no
discounts are given from MSRP.  One web sight on the left coast offered an
attractive price, but never got them in stock.  Another sight on the right
coast was competative, so I ordered.  These people could not relate to the
debit card having a p.o. box address.  They said card address and shipping
address had to match.  Fed Ex cannot deliver to a p.o. box.  Being unable to
resolve the issue with those folks, I cancelled after three days.  I finally
found the camera at a very low price on a sight which a list member had
recommended back in December.  I ordered it, received it and saved over
$120.00.  Makes me a happy camper ( should say picture taker).

I have used the camera quite a lot in this first four weeks and am very
pleased so far.  I have taken snaps of just about everything in sight (well,
everything that is legal) to get aquainted with the digital features.  I am
really hooked on the zoom ability to get just the frame that I need for each
picture.  In the 10x - 30x range it is tricky to stay steady without a
tripod, but that is not unexpected.
When summer gets here, I will get some pictures of the home tractors taken
and posted.  I am quite anxious for the local antique tractor shows later in
the summer.

Thanks again to all who offered information and suggestions.

Charlie V. in cloudy but warmer WNY