SV: [AT] How about Tractors.

Kessen, Mattias (Road SE) mattias.kessen at ncc.se
Thu Mar 4 07:57:53 PST 2004

Phil

I saw on the Munktell museum homepage today
http://munktellmuseet.volvo.com/index.html (sorry no English on that site, I
could of course translate if someone finds anything interesting) that it
plowed 12 acres a day(10 hrs) with a five bottom plow. That was considered to
be tha same amount of labour that 8 men with 16 horses were capable of. To
1916 they made 31 and most of them were sold in Sweden but some exports were
made to Germany, Russia and Denmark. The one the museum has is probably the
only one left - I just realized I have to go there some day.

/Mattias