[AT] How about Tractors.

Dudley Rupert drupert at premier1.net
Tue Mar 2 22:51:43 PST 2004

Since mid January I tore out approximately 720 feet of old wooden fence
between myself and my neighbor on the North.  I used the TO35 and a "low
boy" two wheel trailer to gather it all up, stack it and burn it.

I put the post hole digger on the Super H and dug 91 new holes in about 2
hours.  My top soil is nothing like that found in the Midwest but for here
in Western Washington I'd say it is pretty good.  By that I mean I could
drill 9 out of 10 holes right where I wanted to.  A half dozen or so times,
however, I would churn out rocks and my normally 12" hole became more like
18" and in a couple of cases it took a bar and I wound up with craters
approaching 24" in diameter.

Our February weather this year was on the mild side with probably more dry
than rainy days - in Western Washington Winter weather is measured more in
terms of rainy days than it is in snowy or extremely cold days as we rarely
have either of those.  However, I still had several inches of water in the
bottom of most of the holes so I had 13 tons of 5/8th minus crushed rock
delivered.  I put my 3 pt bucket/scope on the TO35 and wound up using the
entire load of rock to pack in around the new posts in the 91 holes.  Today
I put in a walk gate which marks the finish of the project.

Projects that let you use the old iron are a lot of fun.  The only trouble
with fence building, however, is that the tractor portion of the project is
the small part - the tamping, leveling, tamping, leveling, tampling,
leveling ... just goes on and on.

Dudley
Snohomish, Washington