[AT] How about Tractors.

Greg Whittaker gwhittak at triton.net
Tue Mar 2 19:22:33 PST 2004

I started work on my 53 MM GTB this winter.  I've got the engine pretty well
disassembled in my free time this winter.  I've got to have some major work
to the blocks.  One cylinder in each has a freeze crack.  I'm hoping I can
have them bored and sleeved but before I do that I've got to get the rings
out of the pistons.  Two are alright but the two that came from the cracked
cylinders are the rings are rusted tight.  It has aluminum pistons.  I've
got them soaking and I hope with patience I can salvage the pistons.  Once I
get that accomplished I'll know where I'm going with the blocks.  The heads
also need to be redone.  This tractor sat near Medicine Hat Alberta for who
knows how many years with the exhaust covered and the exhaust manifold
broken.  That's what I've been doing when I haven't been blowing snow with
the MF 180.  Did a lot of that this winter.  The Blue Handled Fence Pliers
should be arriving here shortly.

Greg Whittaker
Wolverine Mi