[AT] Grain Binders and nudity....

CWI47 at comcast.net CWI47 at comcast.net
Tue Mar 2 12:00:12 PST 2004

Wisconsin has very small population in a state almost the same size as new
york.  Almost all pop. is in 2 largest cities.  Large highway system, super
high income tax's and property taxes.  Having worked for Becker
Communications in Wausau, WI and having spent hundreds of hours making 4"x5"
negatives of the old pics and negatives I know that the cost to acquire and
maintain integrity of the images is Very, Very high.  I used to work in
total darkness with open lens and dodge and burn a lot to bring high
resolution "New" negatives into the world to replace the deteriorating older
ones.  The minimal cost they charged to reproduce Archival Quality images
for individuals didn't cover the labor of love involved.  For someone to
acquire and distribute freely doesn't to me seem fair.  Whenever there's a
way to make money off others work there are people who will do it and people
who will buy it to save a couple of bucks.
John Cable
In Lower Slower Western Michigan
Grand Rapids, MI