[AT] WD 45

Gilbert Schwartz gschwartz1 at mchsi.com
Tue Mar 2 10:30:34 PST 2004

Ricky;  Production of the WD began in April of 1948. At serial 127007 in
1952  the WD got the constant mesh (curved shift lever) transmission. At
serial 151381 the WD got the snap coupler hitch. In 1953,  at serial 146607,
the WD-45 went into production. Of course any of these machines could have
had any of these parts changed during their life time. If you have a 45
block and a curved shifter, I'm wondering if you may in fact have a 45.
When you get ready to mount up and put your left foot on the step plate the
tractor serial will be STAMPED  onto a boss just above the rockshaft's left
mounting bracket in front of your left toe. It may be hard to see because of
paint/rust. It will begin with WD and continue with numbers.
If your engine block DOES NOT have a large plate bolted to it's right side
covering the push rods, the block is a 45. Some folks did put 45 innards and
a 45 head on WD blocks making them effectively like a 45 though the original
45's had other changes also. Gil