[AT] RE: New list

Cecil E Monson cmonson at hvc.rr.com
Mon Mar 1 12:34:35 PST 2004

> As you can see, and as the others so eloquently explained as well, sequencing messages will never happen because they are just too many variables, many of which are out of the mailing list managers control.

	I think Spencer has done a great job with the changeover and
deserves a lot of credit. I like the way it works now and am pleased
with the change.

	As to slow messages, there is one more factor to think about.
RoadRunner, which is my supplier, scans all messages for viruses and
if the activity is heavy, I believe messages are cued up and taken in
turn. Their scanning is paying off as I get several emails a week that
have been stripped of viruses by them. I would imagine there is out
going email scanning also as it would be smart to scan both ways.

	I have noticed that connection speeds slow down just about the
time school kids should be getting home and I have a feeling there is
a lot of music downloading going on as well as other activities that
take up bandwidth. Any email in the works during this period is going
to be slow.

	There may be other factors but I would not lay any of the
blame on Spencer's server. I think all, or most of it as the very
least, comes from others in the loop. Be glad for what you have, it
is one of the best bargains out there.

Cecil
what you said.

Cecil E Monson