[AT] Re: Massy-Harris 44

Kyle Sands willys_46 at mail.com
Wed Jun 30 10:55:46 PDT 2004

>        A good choice in size and price might be a "C" Allis. The wide
> fronts are a little scarce but my tricycle front C is quite stable.

Yes, a C would be good alternative.  We had thought a wide front would be mandatory due to the hills, but its really not all that hilly, and the trails go up and down - no sidehilling.  We thought a perfect machine would be a CA w/ widefront, but those are pricey.  I missed out on a couple of nice C's at auction this weekend.  I had a family reunion, and since the auction was all AC, I figured enough guys would show up and bid those tractors sky-high anyway.  Well, one C went for $1500, the other for a mere $1100 - both ran and included belly mowers.  Oh well...

Kyle