[AJD] System Outage - Update

Spencer Yost yostsw at atis.net
Fri Jun 25 16:56:03 PDT 2004

Just checked, its an A  (-;   Must have been a temporary thing at dnsstuff
because I turned on query logging yesterday for the name server to get a
feel for propagation and from early morning on and most of the afternoon I
never received a query from dnsstuff even though I used the site and so did
you.  They must have some type of problem because all those timeout
messages were not because it was querying my system.  During the same time
more and more people were using the server.  Email in particular really
picked up so I know the DNS information was really still valid and fine.

I guess some poor system admin in Tanzania was going "Where's all these DNS
queries coming from ?"

Spencer Yost
Owner, ATIS
Plow the Net!