[AT] 6V chargers - repost

pga2 at hot1.net pga2 at hot1.net
Mon Jun 21 10:11:48 PDT 2004

My big battery charger ia a Monkey/Wards. Never had a problem with it.
Try opening one of your dead ones and look for burned parts. If you
can figure out what the part was, replacew it with a bigger, heavier,
higher wattage part. If it's the transformer, fergit it.
I also have one of the Harbor Freight float chargers (12V only) and a
"battery maintainer" made by Schumacher (I think). The maintainer is
6V/12V switchable and came with a set of leads to use in a permanent
mounting situation. I have them connected on my lawn tractor. It has
worked perfectly so far.

Phil