[Farmall] 240U question

Lane Freeman lmfree at ptd.net
Sun Jun 13 08:29:05 PDT 2004

Jim,
I had discussed this tractor with a friend several times. Something always
looked odd but we never figured it out till I put it next to the other 240.
It seemed to sit a little higher in the front  while the other 240s sat
higher in the rear; none of them sat level.  But we always thought it was
due to the brand or style of tires on the rear.  Never even noticed they
were 28's until when they were nose to nose and the difference in the front
height of the radiator area became obvious.  Same size front tires so then I
began to look for another reason and then I noticed the spindle length. Then
with the spindle length I figured something had to be different in rear tire
size as well or it would be seriously unlevel.
As you said I never would have figured it out if they weren't parked nose to
nose.

Lane