[AT] On losing farm land

Rob Gray Robgray at epix.net
Mon Jun 7 17:03:13 PDT 2004

I sure hope the county knows what it is getting into if it is allowing
off-roader types to leases the land. Depending on the soil type,
steepness of the land and the amount of moisture in an area those
recerational vehicles (ATVs, SUVs, mini-bikes, etc) can really tear up
the land and cause a big erosion problem. The office complex where I
work abuts a large tract of land that must be owned by an absentee owner
so ATV folks use it a lot (without permission I'm guessing) . The damage
I've seen over the last five years is really an eye opener. Some of my
neighbors who hunt use ATVs on my land and I have no problem with that
because  they ride them slowly and responsibly, so it is not a big deal,
but people hauling a__ on those things can be a big problem....

Rob
NE PA