[AT] Allis-Chalmers 712 garden tractor

CBear81438 at aol.com CBear81438 at aol.com
Wed Jun 30 06:14:24 PDT 2004

I bought a 314 AC garden tractor which had been somewhat restored. It is the
pretty much the same as the 712...... It had a brand new 16 hp Kohler engine
that cost the guy $1100.00  He had repainted it and the mower and front blade
and rototiller. The mower had all new spindles and pulleys.  I had to rebuild
the steering and the tie rod ends..  about $125 with shipping.  There are not
many parts available from simplicity.  There is a web site called
www.simpletractors.com that has some parts available and information.  I used to work on
these tractors at a AC dealership in the 60's and 70's They are a heavy built
garden tractor and were top of the line then.  I gave $1500 for my 314 and would
consider myself lucky if I coule get $2000 after all the work I have done to
it.  I guess It will be my only restored tractor!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have seen these sell for as little as $50 to as much as $2000......  I
would like to get the hydraulic lift for mine, but the lifts sell for as much as
$350 on e-bay.... If you need a 314, contact me off list and we could arrange
delivery......

Cecil in OKla