[AT] Allis-Chalmers 712 garden tractor

Kyle Sands willys_46 at mail.com
Mon Jun 28 05:49:51 PDT 2004

Hi folks, I am looking at buying an Allis 712 garden tractor. Is anybody familiar with these machines?  I am told they were made by Simplicity.  Do these things have a good reputation? This one looks great cosmetically, has a 12 hp cast iron Kohler engine.

It says "shuttle" underneath the 712 decal on the hood. It has the same forward/reverse hydro lever on the right like a straight hydro tractor, but also has a 4-speed gear selector below the steering wheel. What's the difference between a "shuttle" drive and a hydrostatic drive? I haven't seen this tractor in person, just pictures. Thanks,

Kyle Sands <>< Huntley, MN