[AT] OT--APC

H. L. Staples hlstaples at mcloudteleco.com
Sun Jun 27 05:25:33 PDT 2004

Cecil and Gil-----APC was also in the Navy, I think using the term APC
helped to cure all problems.

Stevenson a "First Class Enginman" had a nasty cut on his hand, and the
Medical Corpsman" Chadwick was going to sew it up. I happened to walk by the
sick bay and Doc asked me to pour a big measure of ethyl alchol that was in
the medical supplies in a cup of coffee for Steve to drink while the
stitching took place. Right after the coffee was properly seasoned the
Executive Officer came in with some Brandy for Steve so Doc Chadwick sipped
the coffee as he did his handiwork.

Life was good abord the small ship the USS Sharps AKL 10 sister ship to the
ship in the movie Mr. Roberts.

H. L. Staples
McLoud, Oklahoma
USA