[AT] RE: massey 44

Edchainsaw at aol.com Edchainsaw at aol.com
Sat Jun 26 21:18:36 PDT 2004

    I  use to have the  official Massey book until someone barrowed it and
forgot to bring it back.   Therefore I do  rember some things about them.    the
 101's -twin powers were supposedly  Chrysler 6's ,  the 44-6's were all
suppose to be  Continental's because Continental was not tooled up to get the 4cyl
engine out.. yes  the  44 with the 4 cyl was a Massey Harris engine built in
the Continental plant with Continental parts (almost makes it a Continetal)
this  offical history  says that one of the things Massey gave Contiental was
the rights to  copy the engine and sell there own version... Kinda like
CDC(case-ih) and Cummins engines today.

Eddie