[AT] Battery Chargers

Cecil E Monson cmonson at hvc.rr.com
Sat Jun 26 13:32:32 PDT 2004

	My old reliable is a Schumacher 100/40 amp charger. It has
both 6 and 12 volts booster settings as well as standard charge for
both 6 and 12 volts. It limits the charge to about 15 amps on 6 volt
batteries and 25 amps or so on 12 volts. It is the boost that really
hits the batteries but again it seems to be limited for both voltages.
What really draws the most are the dual 12 volt batteries in the dozer
when they run down and won't start the diesel engine.

	As to regular charging, it has a tapered charge so the higher
the voltage gets in the batteries, the less amperage it draws. I paid
what I thought was good money for this and have had it about 25 years.
It has never let me down and has never boiled or cooked a battery. I
hope now that I've said something good about it that it doesn't blow
up the next time I use it. ;-(

Cecil
what you said.

Cecil E Monson