[AT] desulphating chargers

H. L. Staples hlstaples at mcloudteleco.com
Sat Jun 26 12:59:39 PDT 2004

Charlie in some of the research I did a couple years ago on desulfator's, I
read in one place that if a 12 volt battery checked 10 volts it was pretty
certain that it could be brought back to life with the electric desulfator.

A friend gave me a couple batteries that would not hold a good charge, after
about two weeks on the pulse desulfator and then installing one in a friends
pick up a year ago it is still going strong.

I use my pulse unit alternately on the various batteries that receive little
service in the winter. In between the pulse treatments I keep a float
charger (Harbor Freight) connected to them.

There are some pulse units on the market designed for installation in a
vehicle, hard wired, they are designed to take power from the battery and
step it up by dumping the charged capacitor through a coil to get a high
voltage pulse, back to the battery, thus breaking down the lead sulfate.

I don't know why but I always want to spell sulfate---(sulphate) wrong.

H. L. Staples
McLoud, Oklahoma
USA