[AT] System Outage - Update

Spencer Yost yostsw at atis.net
Fri Jun 25 12:14:46 PDT 2004

I am answering on the list since this might help a few others too.

The results of your ISP's name server (ns1.nyroc.rr.com ) is below.   It is
finding all of my DNS just fine, doing it quickly (ie not timing out) so
why that information is not being picked up by your PC, I can't tell you.
If you are running Windows 2000/XP, you can bring up the command prompt and
issue the following command:

ipconfig    /flushdns

This will force your PC to query ns1.nyroc.rr.com to get fresh answers for
all Internet names.  If you are running anything below those two versions,
you will have to reboot.

Hope this helps,

Spencer Yost
Owner, ATIS
Plow the Net!
http://www.atis.net

<<>> DiG 9.3.0rc1 <<>> @ns1.nyroc.rr.com atis.net
;; global options:  printcmd
;; Got answer:
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 4, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;atis.net.                      IN      A

;; ANSWER SECTION:
atis.net.               3600    IN      A       24.172.4.166

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
atis.net.               3600    IN      NS      ns6.dnsmadeeasy.com.
atis.net.               3600    IN      NS      ns7.dnsmadeeasy.com.
atis.net.               3600    IN      NS      heavyiron.atis.net.
atis.net.               3600    IN      NS      ns5.dnsmadeeasy.com.

;; Query time: 105 msec
;; SERVER: 24.92.226.11#53(ns1.nyroc.rr.com)
;; WHEN: Fri Jun 25 15:03:12 2004
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 135