[AJD] John Deere M Generator

David Smith gulfwashing at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 24 18:11:36 PDT 2004

Duane,

  Thanks a lot for the information.  I decided to get the correct generator off of what you had to say.   I have located one now, it should be here in a few days.  While still looking I checked my friends MT and his generator was a Delco Remy # 1101852.  If you get a chance to check that number, it would be curious to see what the difference in it is.

Thanks again.
David Smith

Duane Larson <jdlarson at comcast.net> wrote:
David,
The amperage output of the 857 is (cold) 10-12 amps, (hot) 8-10 amps, while
the 860 output is 5-6.5 and 4-5 amps respectively. However, the 857 was
used on all M series (including the MT) and the 860 was used on TA92 and
TB92 power units used on 114W and 116W balers. All info from the JD SM2029
electrical manual.
Duane Larson