[AT] Re:Massy-Harris 44

Kyle Sands willys_46 at mail.com
Thu Jun 24 16:31:45 PDT 2004

> Allis WD, John Deere "A" or Farmall M. HP was somewhere
> around 36 to 40. I don't have the exact figure in front of
> me but that is close. The later 44 Special was a little
> higher HP. Weight likely around 5500#.

Thank you for those figures, farmer.  This tractor would replace a JD A that we used to have up at our cabin in northern MN.  We took the JD out because the old trails were growing over and it was a tight squeeze for that tractor (plus the fact it was in desparate need of repair).  Also, it was difficult to maneuver in some of the tight spaces back in "the woods."  However, since then, a logger came through and opened up much of the area and widened the trails and made new ones for us, so a tractor of this size shouldn't be a problem.  Thanks again,

Kyle