[AJD] John Deere M Generator

David Smith gulfwashing at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 24 11:14:32 PDT 2004

I have a 1949 John Deere M that someone had switched out to an alternator.  I am trying to get it back to original condition and want to put a generator back on it.  The parts manual calls for a Delco Remy # 1101857, I have located a Delco Remy # 1101860.  I was told that the 1101860 came off of an MT.  Can anyone on the list tell me the difference between these two units and if the later will work on my M?

Thanks,

David Smith