[AT] Battery charger

Robinson robinson at svs.net
Tue Jun 22 18:02:22 PDT 2004

	I am having a brain dead moment. OK, so they are getting so
close together they almost touch these days.   :-)
	I have a small 6/12 battery charger that I picked up with
some stuff at a sale and it charges fine. Its one problem
was that the amp gauge does not work at all. One of the wire
clamps fell off of it but I kept using it down at another
barn by just clamping the wire to the battery post with the
loose clamp. I really never gave it much thought except "I
need to fix that someday". Then the other day the other
clamp suddenly fell off and I realized that I don't have any
idea which wire is + and which is - . If the gauge worked I
would just touch the leads to a battery and see what the
needle does. If correct the needle would move slowly up to a
few amps. If wrong it would slam to max. With the gauge
broken it would just sit there...  :-)  Any simple ideas?
	I am very tired and maybe a little run down, just can't get
the old brain cells to jump start...

--

"farmer"

My latest list "No Nonsense Horse" (includes donkeys & mules).