[Steam-engine] Gaar Scott rear mounts..........

Lorija799 at aol.com Lorija799 at aol.com
Mon Jun 21 08:14:35 PDT 2004

Fellers, and ladies,.....

was rained out of the wheat fields this weekend, and spent my time getting
reaquainted with some old IMAs.  There was an ad for a 16 hp REAR MOUNT Gaar
Scott #12242 for sale up in Michigan; the owners name was Nicholas Lederle.

 The question I have is this;  where is this engine today, and was its
description as a rear mount a mis print or what.  I didn't know Gaar made such till
later than 1904, and  in bigger engines.  We have a 1911 or 12 side mount 22hp
plow gear, so I am always interested in what happened in Richmond.

Anyone familiar with this old gal?

Rev JJ