[AT] System Outage

Cecil E Monson cmonson at hvc.rr.com
Mon Jun 21 03:37:59 PDT 2004

> Long story short:   A couple of long days with a Partition and MBR editing
> utility saved the data but not the drive.   The old system came backup
> yesterday.   But since I was no longer going to trust the old server and
> the care and administration it was getting I went ahead and initiated the
> changes to DNS last Friday to start the switch to the new equipment.   That
> is why still tonight some people are having trouble.  DNS is still
> propagating.  Thanks God the folks at Road Runner came early for me.   They
> weren't supposed to install my business class service until Saturday.  This
> saved us quite a bit of time.   At least ATIS will be back up, mostly, by
> tomorrow morning.

	Looks like it is working fine on the ATIS List, Spencer. I still
cannot get into the Farmall Cub Bulletin Board and in checking some of
the other BBs, I don't think they are working yet. This is strange because
the Cub BB was on most of the time all weekend.

	I think you are doing great to get this back on so soon. We all
miss it because it has become a part of our lives. For me, it makes the
coffee taste better the first thing in the morning reading the mail that
comes in when I turn things on.

	I've had RR for several years or so and while it is fast, they
have had lots of downtime over the years. They don't seem to have much
in the way of backup either as far as this end is concerned. Any time
there is a storm or an accident, it goes off. I am sure they use a fiber
backbone for RR but doubt they have automatic re-routing in case of an
outage as telephone systems do. Hopefully your provider is in an area
that has a good record for outages.

Good luck and best regards, Cecil
what you said.

Cecil E Monson