[AT] Pacer Value/ Years??

Dave Rotigel rotigel at alltel.net
Tue Jun 15 05:07:36 PDT 2004

> Have a friend who is a water well driller, says he has found an MH Pacer.
> What's one worth that is in decent running condition?  I know they are
> somewhat rare.  What years were they made?
> Thanks
> Tim Nobles

Hi Tim,
    I just got home from the SIAM show, so if you already go an answer sorry
for this one. See:
http://www.oldengine.org/members/rotigel/Roti%5FEng/Massey%5FHarris/ I paid
$2,200.00 for the tractor and Woods mower. Both were mechanically sound and
the tin was in good shape. I paid another $1,000.00 to have the tractor
restored. The Pacer was built between 1953 and 1955 (sold between 1954 and
1956.) About 2,270 were built. S/N 50,001 was 1954 and S/N 52,771 was the
last one in 1956. Belt HP is 18.87 and the tractor sold for $1,400.00
new--so be sure that your friend does not pay too much for a used one!
    Dave