[AT] Ford Flail Mower

Mike Sloane msloane at att.net
Mon Jun 14 07:53:32 PDT 2004

Michael P. Maynard wrote:

> Whats the value of a Ford Flail Mower Model 22-I85?  It's a 3pt hitch,
> appears to be 7.5 foot (although she claimed it was 8)
Assuming that the gear box, main shaft, and ground roller bearings are
in good shape, it would probably be worth around $500-750.

> Looks like it
> will need a new set of blades.  Any idea how much it would cost to
> 'reblade' it?
Check with your local New Holland dealer, but figure on at least $2
each, and there are probably about 150-200 blades. Some of the knives
("blades") can probable be sharpened (or reversed), but that is a long job.

>  Mower looks in good shape other than the blades.  Its an
> Ex-State mower.
That would mean a long hard life. Based on the need to change all the
blades, I wouldn't suggest that it is worth more than $500 tops.

Mike

> Mike

Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ
Email: (msloane at att.net)
Website: <http://www.geocities.com/mikesloane>
Tractor images: <www.fotki.com/mikesloane>
Work: none - Retired!

Politics Is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to
realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first.- Ronald
Reagan, 1911-2004, 40th US President