[AJD] Unstyled ARs and AOs

Gary Epps garyepps at fidnet.com
Mon Jun 14 06:42:08 PDT 2004

It is a 1949, electric start with lights with original curved headlight
brackets.  I really don't know why I should like or dislike it since I
haven't run it any after unloading it off the trailer.  The wheels aren't
original, but as the PO stated, "they've been on there a long time."  They
are factory spokes, I think from a red tractor.  But, hey I like spokes.
One rear wheel needs some repair.  One front wheel is I have been told, an
implement wheel.  I will either look for one proper wheel or two front spoke
wheels if hubs will fit.

It is an export tractor, having been shipped to Canada, it has the words
"MADE IN USA" on each side of the hood.  I picked it up in northern
Minnesota.  I needs some cosmetic work, like replacing the throttle lever.
I had a piece of galvanized tin over the back of the dash pod, but when
cleaning out the tool box I found the original cover plate.  This is my omen
of things to come. (I hope)

This old girl sure looks matronly compared with the '35 & "37 Ds.  The deck
in front of the operators station sure looks cluttered when compared with
the Ds.

Gary