[AT] IH cub

Cecil E Monson cmonson at hvc.rr.com
Mon Jun 14 04:30:39 PDT 2004

>>Bigdog,
>>>
>>> any idea what make the noise in the drive line when it is idling, as soon
>
> as
>
>>> you put the clutch in it stops. Due cubs have a tendency to do this or is
>>> there a bearing on the main shaft to the trans and then to the pto thats
>>> causes this ? sounds like its at the pto end of the trans.
>>>
>>> Don

	There is a bearing that has to be greased from time to time behind
the clutch on the Cub. Get under the Cub with a flashlight and look up thru
the access hole in the bottom of the torque tube behind the clutch. You will
see a grease fitting up in there. Give it grease with a grease gun until it
comes out the sides. Then run the tractor and play with the clutch. It may
take a couple days for the grease to spread out and cover the surfaces of
that bearing but it will eventually do it and the noise will go away. There
is a lot of information on the Cub available on line. Go to this website an
and take a look.   http://farmallcub.com/    Also almost every manual you
could possibly need is at this website.

	  http://www.cleancomputes.com/Cub/index.html

	Be careful it doesn't get away from you. There is lots of power
in the engine compartment. I don't know if John Deere people should be
monkeying with Cubs without some instruction.

Cecil
what you said.

Cecil E Monson
Lucille Hand-Monson