[AT] Allis-Chalmers pricing info needed - AC RC

Cecil E Monson cmonson at hvc.rr.com
Mon Jun 14 04:23:04 PDT 2004

> Am I the only one that finds an Allis WD/WD45 the most uncomfortable
> tractor to mount ever?  Honestly it feels like I'm trying to enter a
> submarine or something!
>
> Next to routine service (changing the oil, etc.) the best thing any
> owner can do for any piece of machinery of any make is to put it under a
> roof when not in use.
>
> Al

	If it wasn't for the power the WD-45 has, the wonderful quick
governor, and the hand clutch that can be slipped all day long, it would
not have  been the tractor it was. A very gutsy and hard working machine
that paid off in work done during the day. The bad thing about it if you
had ever driven almost any other tractor all day long was there was no
place to stand. Yes, I know, you could stand on the drawbar but no one
I ever knew would do that. The machinery you were generally pulling was
too damn dangerous to someone laying on the ground to even consider
standing behind the seat. And that is where you would be if you fell off.
Getting on and off was not a problem to me. I have a decent WD here and
intend to get it back running this year. I sort of miss being able to
drive it around the place.

Cecil
what you said.

Cecil E Monson