[AT] Re: Off topic but greatreading ---- Somewhat back on topic

Roger Welsch captneb at micrord.com
Sun Jun 13 02:32:05 PDT 2004

A standard in the eastern part of Nebraska where there ARE rocks is the one
about the farmer who explained to a visitor that they were brought there by
the glaciers. "So...where are the glaciers?" the skeptic asks.  "Went back
for more rocks," the farmer says. In the Dakotas I've been told they pile
rocks in the corners of fields and pastures to hold down the edges so they
don't get blown up by the wind and start a rolling process. I can't say for
sure if that's the truth. I pretty much just trust what I'm told.