[AT] Screwing roofing

David Myers walking_tractor at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 12 20:30:26 PDT 2004

--- Cecil E Monson <cmonson at hvc.rr.com> wrote:
> It would take a
> helluva wind to pull any of this steel off a
> building. FWIW, every hole
> for the screws was drilled before the screw was
> installed. I believe
> they used 3/16" drill bits for this.

Cecil, My Father-in-law and I also cheated when we
built our last building.  We chalk-lined each row and
then I went ahead of Dad with a modified center-punch,
sharpened to a very fine point.  We were only limited
by how fast we could move our feet.  Just amazing how
quickly it went.  All you need is a tiny hole for the
screw to get started easier.
Never have had a screw loosen in that building but the
front building was nailed with neoprene washered ring
shank nails, have leaks just about every time you turn
around.  Either didn't know about or didn't have
screws back in '73.  (I just swung the hammer, his
building, he was boss). :-}

=====
Dave Myers
Paw Paw, Michigan

In the heart of  Michigan's wine country.