[AT] OT: AOL

Thomas O. Mehrkam tomehrkam at houston.rr.com
Fri Jun 11 18:08:33 PDT 2004

I cannot figure out why anyone would use AOL.

A coworker of mine died this morning. He worked in the Seismic industry
for 500 years and taught at two universities. His family tried to notify
all his friends vie email. They had about 300 messages to send out so
they addressed messages with 50 or so addresses per message.

Aol shut down their email access saying they were spamming. They still
have not ben able to resolve the issue with them.

My email account has been block three times from friends accounts. It
takes an act of god to get it unblocked. I recognize that spamming is a
tough issue but with AOL the cure is worse than the disease.