[AT] Re: Off topic but greatreading ---- Rocks

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Fri Jun 11 16:35:46 PDT 2004

You are right on that Charlie. There is an excess of rocks (big and small)
in most of this area. I doubt anybody would consider paying for something
they could get for free. Of course the handling charges are what mount up in
a hurry. I've got some here on the farm that were dug out by cats (D7) and
theres no way I could move them with any of the farm equipment now. We do
see the occasional farm with a huge rock at the end of the driveway with the
farm name painted on it.
Theres one on this farm that I remember personally. I see it on the edge of
the field every time I work there. It reminds me of a day some 40+ years ago
when I watched my Dad use a shovel and crowbar and eventually, the mighty
John Deere D with a logging chain to extricate and pull this huge rock off
the hillside to where it now rests down beside a willow slough. I recall
being amazed that the big D was spinning its tires trying to pull this rock
(downhill!).
Yes, I'll keep those rock piles. They might just be my retirement fund some
day.

Ralph in Sask.
http://lgoff.sasktelwebsite.net/