[AT] Lonesome Moe

Robinson robinson at svs.net
Fri Jun 11 12:20:51 PDT 2004

	I have just been too busy too do much for the local tractor
show this year but I didn't just want to do nothing. This
morning we went to the west barn and I got my MM-R out and
brought it to the shop to hose the dust off of it. I just
drove it the 3 miles in there since it was (maybe) easier
than hitching the trailer, loading it, chaining it down,
pulling it in there, unloading it then pulling the trailer
back home. I say maybe because it could use a softer seat...
   :-)   Traffic was very heavy but most of the busy part
was 4 lane so I was not too much of a bottleneck.
Rubbernecking is another matter. I think more people gave it
a good once over driving it in there than will see it at the
show. Maybe we should just have road caravans instead of
parading around the fairgrounds.
	When I got to the fairgrounds I rolled in and parked it in
the "Minneapolis Moline" row. It sure looked lonely sitting
there all by itself...   :-)   Maybe someone will bring in
another so it won't feel too left out. I did make it a point
to pull over and park it behind the few Allis Chalmers
tractors instead of all of those John Deere's. Everybody
knows that Allis tractors are more friendly than Deere's.
:-)   Maybe that is just a local thing. I did feel a little
sorry for one Farmall H that was parked with the Deere's. It
had been painted John Deere green and yellow. It had decals
on it that looked like Farmall decals except they were
yellow instead of white. At least they had done a nice job
on it.
	Farmall is the feature tractor here this year and it looked
like they were going to have a decent number of them. The
show in general seems to be getting a little better and I
really wanted to do a little more this year than in the past
but I just have too many irons in the fire with CUB Fest and
the horse stuff and being late planting crops. The grass has
grown so much this spring that we are starting to feel like
all we have done is mow grass. Sure glad I bought a new lawn
tractor this year. The old frazzled Wheel Horse deck would
have already broken 6700 times by now.   :-)  It has broken
and been welded so may times that some of it looks pad
welded. Maybe I can show a lot more stuff at the local show
next year...
--

"farmer"

My latest list "No Nonsense Horse" (includes donkeys & mules).