[Farmall] Hydraulic fluid for Super H

daroberts daroberts at xtn.net
Thu Jun 10 14:48:25 PDT 2004

I just changed the hydraulic fluid in my Super H. It has the belly mounted
pump. I was planning to use Hy-Tran fluid but the dealer said to use 30 wt
motor oil. I know that was originally used in the H's but I thought Hy-Tran
was superior. I followed his advice and used nondetergent 30 wt oil. Now my
loader seems to raise and lower at a slower rate. I had also changed the
line so I tried bleeding it. No air was evident. Would the difference in
weight between Hy-Tran and the motor oil affect the pump's performance? Also
have any of you used Tractor Supply's hydraulic oil in an H or Super H?
Any thoughts from your experiences would be appreciated.
                                                            David Roberts