[AT] Cummins Industrial Tools?

Mike Sloane msloane at att.net
Thu Jun 10 02:47:58 PDT 2004

Jim and Lyn Evans wrote:

> If you must buy one get it from Harbor Freight or weight until the Homier
> guys come to your area.  Same crap, but lower price than Cummins.   The
> rating on the winch is 6000 lb rolling load.   That would be on level
> concrete with fully inflated tires.    It probably wouldn't pull a 560 up to
> the trailer, much less up ramps.   Save your money and buy a good, high
> quality (expensive) come-a-long.   You will be able to pull much more stuff
> and no batteries are needed.
Well, Jim, that sounds all very well for a solution, and on a nice cool
day it might would fine. But when the temperature and the humidity are
in the 90s, you don't want to be working the handle of a come-along
pulling a dead tractor up on to a trailer (Cecil and I have been there,
done that! - see:
<http://public.fotki.com/mikesloane/international_240u/junk240-9.html/>)
I may use one of my come-alongs for this problem, but only if all else
fails AND it is a cool dry day.