[AT] Screwing roofing

charlie hill chill8 at cox.net
Wed Jun 9 18:53:35 PDT 2004

Walt I ordered 17,500 SF of fiberglass siding last week to put on transfer
towers for a big conveyor system.  All of it will be screwed on the flat
with a screw such as I described per manufacturers instructions.   I've
supervised the installation of over 50,000 sf of this stuff in the last 7
years so I think I know a little bit about what I am saying.  All roofing
and siding systems fail with time.  I can show you plenty of 5V crimp tin
roofs with lead nails that have backed out over time.   Through the ridge is
the ONLY way to do 5V crimp tin in my opinion but that does not apply to all
types of siding.
As far as I know no one has described exactly what type metal is the subject
of this thread.

Charlie