[AT] On losing farm land

Larry D. Goss rlgoss at evansville.net
Wed Jun 9 15:53:55 PDT 2004

Wait until you see it, Cecil.  The photos in the guide books can't do it
justice.  Galway is an interesting location.  For that matter, so is
Dublin.  Take the time to go through the Book of Kells exhibit at
Trinity College in Dublin.  Try your best to keep your wife out of the
big department store across the street from the post office on McConnell
street, go shake the hand of a mummy in the crypts of St. Michan's, and
try not to spend too much time in Temple Bar.  BTW, that big department
store has more variety of double Damask Irish linen for sale than any
other place in Ireland.  Go to Blarney Woolen Mills (there are several
locations) for crystal.  Check for the patterns that are NOT exported if
you want unique additions to your own collection or for gifts.  They
will automatically deduct the VAT for crystal purchases put on your
credit card and will ship the items to your home in the states by UPS
(insured) free of charge.

If you're in the Shannon/Limerick region for a couple of days, see if
you can get into the Madrigal dinner at Bunratty castle.  It's an
interesting full evening of entertainment which most people top off by a
visit across the street to Durty Nellie's.  If you're in Limerick
overnight, head for Dolan's pub about three blocks south of the Jury's
Inn.  It is the best location for traditional Irish music in the region.

If you're a golfer, I presume you know of Lahinch.  It's an unbelievable
course that you have to drive by on going and coming from the Cliffs of
Mohr.

Larry