[AT] Reagan Remembered (by Patti Davis) Off topic but greatreading

Danny Tabor dannytabor2000 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 9 11:35:37 PDT 2004

 Hey lets get back to tractors.

 Walt  Davies
 Cooper Hollow Farm

Not a bad idea. I had never intended for my response
to become a political debate.

Walt, You are an inspiration to me. I hope to retire
at an early age and hope I will not need S.S. to help
subsidize my retirement at any stage.

I do understand where Frank is coming from. I don't
live far from Bethlehem Steel in Sparrows Point, Md.
In my travels I have made friends with quite a few
retired steel workers. They all had good pensions.
       A few years ago Bethlehem Steel sold to a
foreign company. When this transition took place, all
of the retired workers took a drastic cut in their
pensions some lost it all together. Many of them went
back to part time work. This is not true retirement!!
        I'm one of the first to stand up and complain
about paying the social security tax but when I think
of what happened to the steel workers. It humbles me a
little. Someone had written about drug addicts
collecting S.S. and he is exactly right. THAT REALLY
GETS MY GOAT!!!
         I haul slag out of Sparrows Point. While
reading all these mailings. I cannot help but to think
of the old guard who works down there. He and I can't
see eye to eye at all when it comes to politics. Some
of our 2am debates can be very dramatic, too say the
least. But always we'd part saying "Good bye, See ya
tomorrow"
       Anyway one morning he surprised me. At the end
of our conversation he said "Danny...Reagan never did
a damn thing for me but for your generation he
unlocked a lot of doors. Take advantage of them.
Invest wisely and take advantage of them!"
       I will!!
Danny

I never thought this would escalate as it has. Getting
back to tractors sounds good to me!