[AT] Screwing roofing

Mark Greer greerfam at raex.com
Wed Jun 9 05:14:44 PDT 2004

If you use the proper screws with the gasket under the washer then follow
the instructions you found. The only thing I'd add is at the bottom of each
sheet you will probably want to put a screw in every flat so when viewed
from the ground the bottom edge is nice and straight. You will also want a
screw in the flat on each side of a seam so the seams stay flat. I put the
roof on my shop in 2001 in this way and it still looks perfect-no waves or
humps or bumps-just nice and flat and smooth and it has survived a couple of
near tornadoes that took the whole roof off my closest neighbor's house and
some tin off the roofs of most of the barns(including mine) in the area.