[AT] Reagan Remembered (by Patti Davis) Off topic but greatreading

Mark Greer greerfam at raex.com
Tue Jun 8 17:10:23 PDT 2004

Not doubting that you worked your butt off. Where you got off track was in
depending on the govt for your retirement. Social Security was NEVER
intended to be a working person's sole means of retirement but a number of
generations became dependent on it and weaning them off it does hurt. Social
Security was intended as a "safety net" which would supplement a person's
savings or pension and also was in place to take care of those who couldn't
take care of themselves. When you depend on some govt agency for anything
you are sure to be disappointed at some point. No one can screw up something
like a government agency can. Political winds tend to come and go and
nothing done by the govt is set in stone so what is here today may not be
here tomorrow.