[AT] Tragic Tractor/Mower accident - Douglas, KS

DBigdog DBigdog at columbus.rr.com
Tue Jun 8 11:07:34 PDT 2004

I always hate to see something tragic like this.  It is so preventable.  But what really gripes me is that they are providing counseling to officers on the scene and contemplating charging the father.  There is no doubt he has suffered tremendously from his foolish act.  He, too, will need support and counseling as well as the officers.  I was an active EMT for 27 years and witnessed many foolish things that brought about the loss of young lives.  I don't know why people just can't see the stupidity of their acts sometimes.

Bigdog