[Farmall] C - Oil Gets Really Hot Under Load

Kurt Sutheimer kurtsut at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 7 17:04:24 PDT 2004

I have a C with a rebuilt engine - with Woods Mower.  When I cut in heavy
grass I first see smoke, then a small amount of oil spurting out of the
filler cap!  Antifreeze is fine.  Engine slows down and then shuts off by
itself when it gets really hot.  I hear a gurgling sound - not sure if it is
the crankcase or the radiator.  5 minute cool down and it starts up and runs
again!  This has happened twide now.

Any ideas?

Kurt