[AT] O.T. - sandy Ford electronic control unit.

WF Smith WarrenSmith at PalmettoBuilders.net
Mon Jun 7 20:41:06 PDT 2004

Consider yourself lucky. We bought a nice looking 1978 VW Beetle convertible
for our teenaged daughter to drive about a year ago. I should have done a
lot more research. This car is fuel injected and has a computer control
module that runs on voodoo. It has not run more than it has run, and most of
the problems have been electrical and related to the module and it's
sensors. And it costs a lot more than 13.00 to replace!

Warren

> properly and it all worked well. Seems that right after the
> warranty ran out it had gone through 3 of them in a row and
> back in those days they were still $600 each out of his
> pocket. The new one I just put on this truck was less than $13.
>
> "farmer"

---