[Farmall] Re: Our Farmall B is alive again

welshans2 at comcast.net welshans2 at comcast.net
Mon Jun 7 11:31:01 PDT 2004

jpuckett at centurytel.net writes:
www.terrystoy.com

I need to break my '42 B apart - is that wood or metal bolted to the frame
under the gas tank?   Would appreciate hearing how you did it - I need to
replace the clutch and all oil seals, including wheels.  - Mark

Mark, I used a couple of 2X8 boards that I had.  These boards were part of an old wood lined box car and are T&G and very clear.  Also, they are hard as nails.  I raised the front end up with a jack so the wheel was an inch or two off the floor and drilled holes to fit and bolted them to the bell housing implement bolt holes.  You can adjust the height with shims or shingles under the "stilts" as necessary.

I then took out 4 bolts to get the front end off (undid the radiator and removed it first, then removed the bolt from the  steering bearing near the steering wheel so the whole thing came off as one piece) and used an engine hoist to remove the engine (I undid the fuel line, governor control rod and mag shut down cable first).

Regards, Terry Welshans