[Farmall] 240U question

Lane Freeman lmfree at ptd.net
Sun Jun 6 16:10:31 PDT 2004

I was working on two of my 240 U's today and noticed one was considerably
higher than the other.  Everything looked to be the same but on closer
examination I noticed the front spindles on the taller tractor were about 4
inches longer and then upon looking at the rear tires I noticed they were
28's instead of 24's.  I then checked all the other 240U's and they all have
the shorter spindles and 24 inch rears.   I  the 240 series I was only aware
of the 240 RowCrop and the standard 240U.  Can anyone help ID the taller
240U?  If this is any help, the tractor was yellow in a previous life as can
be seen under the faded peeling red paint.

Lane Freeman
New Tripoli, PA