[AT] Gas tank

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Sun Jun 6 13:47:42 PDT 2004

I used JB weld to repair a pinhole leak in the fuel tank of my IH Loadstar.
Probably more years ago than I realize. It might be ten years . So far it
has worked fine.
What I did was turn a sheet metal screw into the hole in the tank, then
cover the head of the screw and surrounding area with the JB weld. Gave it
lots of time to set as it was cold weather already.  I did a similar repair
on an older IH truck and it also is still holding. On the last IH truck I
bought the tank was so bad that I tried solder (no flame!) . So far it seems
to be holding good.

Ralph in Sask.
http://lgoff.sasktelwebsite.net/