[AJD] Guage color

Dean VP deanvp at att.net
Fri Jun 4 21:09:25 PDT 2004

John:

According to JD Hobbs book on the "Styled Letter Series" the B gauges were
white until serial number 306600 "when it appears that black faced gauges
were phased in". Ser # 306600 is a late model 1952 B.

I interpret JR's wording in the statement to be a little bit of a hedge
since there may not have been a clear cutoff and for a period of time it
might have been the luck of the inventory draw as to which version was used.
I may be incorrectly reading between the lines. If your B is close to that
serial # I suspect the "correct police" will probably be a bit lenient. :-)
And if they are not, I think it would be reasonable for them to be expected
to volunteer to replace the gauges for you at their expense! :-)

Dean A. Van Peursem
Snohomish, WA 98290

What people can dream, people can do! George W. Bush

www.deerelegacy.com